To choose an industrial cold room, it is necessary to have professionals who are experts in the sector.
García Cámara has 70 years of experience in the industrial sector.
What is an industrial cold room
These are huge refrigerators that are used to store all kinds of foodstuffs in order to maintain their condition and extend their shelf life. In addition, industrial cold rooms are used in other sectors, such as the medical sector, to keep medicines at the right temperature, and even in laboratories.
Any restaurant or catering business needs a place to store in a cool place all the product in order to preserve them properly until it is time to use it, without losing any of its basic characteristics.
Characteristics and operation of the industrial cold store
The most important is that the chamber must reach and maintain the set temperature so that all products are preserved efficiently. Thanks to the refrigerant it contains, it removes the heat from the products and freezes them. It also extracts the heat from inside the chamber until the ideal temperature is reached.
The necessary parts for the correct operation of industrial cold rooms are:
- Compressor: responsible for absorbing the refrigerant and holding it until it enters the condenser.
- Condenser: the refrigerant in the chamber converts heat into liquid, an essential part of keeping the cold inside.
- Expansion vulva: once the refrigerant has done its job, it passes to the expansion valve, which is responsible for the refrigerant losing heat and entering the evaporator.
- Evaporator: this component heats the liquid refrigerant until it causes the outside fluid to absorb the heat from the refrigerant and cool down again.
Types of refrigeration rooms
Depending on the correct cold store must be selected, four subtypes:
- Refrigeration chambers: the are the most common and the ones that are most often installed in businesses. They can reach temperatures from 10 ºC to -4 ºC. They are installed to preserve any type of food.
- Special freezers: they can reach up to -35 ºC. Its use is usually to preserve special products, such as the hospitality and/or pharmaceutical sector.
- Temperature reducers: these serve mainly to lower the temperature of freshly cooked products, quickly. It is usually used in hospitality services.
- ⦁ Freezing tunnel: these are large chambers that fulfil the function of freezing any product, without crystallizing them. It is not suitable for preserving food.
If you have an industrial refrigeration chamber and you need an internal replacement part, contact García Cámara. We will observe what the problem is with your cold room and we will find a solution, choosing the most appropriate parts for its repair.
Our major experience in the sector and our clients guarantee us. Don´t hesitate to choose us for the replacement of the parts of your cold room. Send us an email or call us by phone for any questions.