Nowadays, there are several types of air coolers that you can install at your place: centralised, mini-split or portable, for example if you are renting, it is a good option.
How a central air cooler works
Central air coolers use a compressor (located outside) and a transformer (located inside) to collect air from the street, cool it and distribute it throughout the ducts of your home. For example, for big houses or places where the appliance disturbs the rooms.
How does a mini-split air cooler work?
The operation of mini-split air coolers is the same as centralised air coolers but they don´t need conducts. The device itself collects the outside air and transforms it, so more than one air cooler will be needed to adapt an average sized house.
How does a portable air cooler work?
It should be small and easy to transport, for this reason, the two parts that make up the conditioning systems mentioned above must be in the same device. This device collects the air from the room in which it is located, cools it and blows it back into the room at the specified temperature.
Advantages to get a portable air cooler
When we buy an air cooler, we don’t know whether to buy a portable one or to install it in the house.
Advantages you will have if you buy a portable air cooler:
- Simple and uncomplicated installation.
- When it is portable it is easy to move it around the rooms, with just one device you can keep your house at the ideal temperature.
- To avoid the installation of centralised or mini-split equipment because it is annoying and complex
- The cost of these appliances is lower because it only cools small areas.
- It does not need as much maintenance as one that requires an installation.
- There are models with heating function and we can purchase a single portable device that both cools and heats.
Tips for use
Tips for the proper use of these devices:
- The device must not be near places in the house where there is a risk of ignition, leave a safe distance between the device and these objects.
- Place the portable device near a window so that hot air can be expelled.
If you have any doubts about how do air coolers work, or you have problems with any type or model, look in our news section for a post that can solve your doubts, or contact us and a specialist will solve all your queries.